Defining Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies are one way through which a person can get over the dependency on the drugs.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. The purpose of holistic recovery is to bring the spirit, body and mind into sync.
In treatments centres where there's holistic medicine, such methods as physical exercises, proper nutrition and meditation are used in order to help abusers stop the addiction.
Holistic therapy addresses the whole being of the patient including the physical, emotional and mental withdrawal symptoms.
Holistic methods can include
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual healing
- Routine exercise
- Healthy nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
The methods used for addiction recovery feature holistic therapy programs, which are personalised and non-medical. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
Holistic therapy can help a recovering addict by dealing with any potential obstacles such as lack of sleep, poor diet and emotional stress. Holistic schemes are adaptable to the individual requirements.
Some of the primary objectives of holistic therapy include the following
- Getting to the root cause of the person's dependency on drugs
- Building up a resistance to drug cravings
- Promoting physical fitness
- Increasing self-confidence
- Decreasing the attractiveness of alcohol and drugs
Some Of The Practices Used In Holistic Treatment
Holistic therapies may be anything from exercise to meditation and involves various approaches to living a healthy life.
Therapies that are commonly utilized include
- Nutritional Therapy
- One can quickly get over the use of drugs when their bodies are well taken care of nutrition wise.
- Focus of addicts on healthy nutrition during treatment gives remarkable healing results.
- Recovering addicts have an opportunity to start afresh and provide their bodies with the nutrition that is needed to overcome their addiction.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- The addict body need to always be in shape if they are to recover effectively.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- A clear mind is important when trying to recover from addiction.
- Many holistic rehab programs feature guided meditation.
- The mind can also be relaxed when a person take part in karate and such kinds of activities.
- Acupuncture And Massage Therapy
- This therapy technique also seeks to relax the body muscles through massage.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
Traditional treatment methods always provide the basis on which effective holistic treatment programs are designed. However, a doctor should be available to monitor the progress of the treatments on the addict.
Some of the practices involved in this technique include
- Medically assisted detox
- Comprehensive medical care
- Counselling sessions
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Identifying A Holistic Therapy Clinic Near You
Holistic treatment is featured in many residential and outpatient treatment centres. The holistic medicine principle of reaching harmony among all parts of a person's life well suits various addiction therapies. Yoga and meditation is well compatible with psychotherapy in giving patients practical knowledge about the ways to control psychological pressure. Knowing what to do during an emotional moment helps in assisting the patient not to go to the solace of drug or alcohol.
Holistic treatment paired with psychological guidance and professionally undertaken detoxification, can cope with very difficult situations of addiction. There are many treatment facilities all over the nation offering individualized treatment plans.
Welcome to call us on 0800 246 1509 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.