Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Admitting to an addiction and deciding to go to treatment are exceptionally difficult first steps to recovery. The unknown is scary and a lot of people worry about how going to rehab till affect the rest of their lives. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
The more you know regarding addiction rehabilitation - such as what to anticipate when starting a treatment programme, the duration of the programme, and costs linked with the programme - the less challenging your road to recovery can be.
Addiction Rehabilitation - What Is It?
Addiction recovery programmes are controlled closely monitored treatment regimes offered to help drug addicts get clean. Rehabilitation can assist an addict to work towards a wholesome, content and drug-free lifestyle.
What Takes Place In Addiction Rehabilitation?
Dependence recovery treatment is custom-made to the requirements of every person. This for the most part includes some mix of detoxification (detox), gathering and individual substance manhandle treatment, backslide aversion instruction, and aftercare arranging before program finish keeping in mind the end goal to keep up long haul moderation.
- Detoxification Any successful recovery programme must start with detoxing the blood of drugs. The toxic effects of alcohol and drugs are expelled by the body during detox. Whilst the detoxification experience will differ significantly according to the particular kind and frequency of substance used, several substance withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, if not threatening. The cleansing programme under the monitoring of qualified medical personnel significantly reduces the dangers withdrawal symptoms can present.
- Therapy For Drug Addiction After the detox process, numerous behavioural therapeutic interventions are carried out in rehab. There are individual and or group therapeutic sessions for addicts, aimed at helping them understand and solve the major reasons why they are addicted. A treatment programme also teaches an individual on how to recognise high-risk circumstances and triggers, and devise skills to prevent a relapse to maintain abstinence.
- Aftercare As an individual proceeds with the recovery, and approaches the end of a rehabilitation treatment programme, the employees will work together with the individual to devise a suitable plan for aftercare. This may incorporate some mix of care groups, continuous treatment and calm living game plans, if necessary.
How Long Does Rehab Take?
There is no set duration that applies to every individual with regards to rehab. Some recovery centres do run 30-day rehabilitation programmes. Though, certain people gain from a longer treatment programme, like a 60-day, 90-day, or even longer treatment at an inpatient/residential treatment facility to further devise and maintain a stable recovery journey. When deciding on the suitable duration of treatment, treatment experts will consider the history and seriousness of the dependency, particular substances taken, any co-occurring mental, medical, or behavioural issues, and the mental, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and cultural requirements of the person.
According to research, individuals who spend three months or more in treatment programmes enjoy a better chance of long-lasting abstinence. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
There is no cure for dependence; however it can be overseen successfully. The completion of the rehabilitation programme by the patient does not consummate the alcohol and drug addiction recovery, no matter how long it lasts. Substance abuse recovery is a process that goes on as long as the victim is alive. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to learn how to manage an addiction every day without using.
Addiction Recovery Versus Addiction Rehabilitation
Rehab teaches patients how to handle cravings and work through difficult times when the temptation to start using again is strong. How to handle the daily challenges of defeating drug addiction and the best way to relate with people and the situations that trigger or deepen the desire to use drugs in the first place are also taught in the rehabs.
Long-term sobriety could involve ongoing individual or group therapy and a 12 step program or support group. Involving themselves in extra activities work for some people in helping with recovery. Such extra activities may be in the form of meditation, yoga, exercise, or art and many others.
Numerous great treatment programs offer their own sorts of aftercare projects, or work with you to build up a strong aftercare programs before leaving treatment to help effective long haul recuperation. Truth be told, studies have shown that continuing involvement in aftercare programs is related with less backslides.
What If I Relapse?
Relapse should always be regarded as one of the stumbling blocks to be uprooted in the bid to defeat addiction completely, and not as a failure. Relapse may put one back on track, enabling them to re-enter the programme and seek the support they need to remain sober.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. While you will be taught how to be sober for a longer period of time, the task of handling your addiction problem is all up to you.
Is Rehab Expensive?
Rehab programs vary greatly in how much they cost. A high-end luxury programme tends to quote more for additional services and special facilities and, in certain instances, a better staff to patient ratio.
Because inpatient programs provide therapy, food, lodging, and recreational activities, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs. Outpatient treatment programs differ in their offerings including exceedingly organized, serious outpatient programs, weekly gathering and individual counselling sessions and free care group gatherings.
The cost of rehab could be affected by such factors like
- Amenities provided - This includes all of the things that can help the process of recovery, like gourmet food, private rooms, animal therapy, acupuncture, yoga, or massage.
- How long the program is - The duration of each program is very essential in determining the cost of the programme. When you come in for your intake session, a counsellor will talk about the recommended length of time for you to have your best chance at long term sobriety.
- The location - Offices in sumptuous environment can cost more than customary treatment focuses. If the facility is in a location that is not close to the home, then the entire cost of treatment should include the cost of travel to the facility.
- Sort of program - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
While rehab price may look prohibitive to some, the addiction itself has much more "costs." The cost of addiction may escalate because of
- The substance's cost
- Being less productive at work
- Lawful fines
- Medical bills for physical or mental health issues that may come up because of addiction
Dependency will "cost" an individual in other manners as well, differing from the weakening of relationships to a state of unhappiness and bad health in general.
Is Insurance Welcomed?
Insurance is frequently welcomed at a drug rehab programme. Whether or not it is accepted will depend on each individual facility. Your insurance plan may cover just a bit of your restoration stay, so it's vital to check your insurance plan before selecting in a drug recovery program.
When your insurance plan doesn't pay for the cost of rehabilitation, you can explore other payment methods with the centre you have selected. Some other financial plans and sliding scale payment systems that reduce the burden of one-off payments may be offered by the program or facility.
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
A lot of people travel to a rehab away from their home for treatment. This is advantageous in certain instances as it removes the user from his/her home setting where he/she abused alcohol or drugs.
Because the addicts are free from external confusions and are not lured by friends, relatives and work, they are always able to concentrate completely on recovering from addiction in such a regimented and solitary location.
For those attending outpatient programmes, it might be better to go for one nearer home. For someone with family responsibilities, a centre close to home can help balance home life with treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
How Do I Choose Between Inpatient And Outpatient?
There is a difference between outpatient and inpatient facilities - including how intense the treatment is, the costs, support system offered during healing, and the entire environment.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
These are addiction treatment facilities that offer help 24 hours. Whether in a hospital or other private facility, the patient is under the care of professionals day and night who provide alternating services with medical personnel as required. The two types of facilities offer residential services.
Because the patient is under care for 24 hours, they can receive an intensive form of therapy than at any other kind of programme. Most of the patients have a better chance of overcoming addiction because they are quarantined from the stress of their normal day to day activities.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. For those who had tried to stop before and failed, whether inpatient or outpatient and those who have relapsed to using would do well at a residential rehab.
Outpatient offices permit patients to want treatment, cure and different services plus after that coming to their homes toward the finish of the treatment sessions. This lets people continue to have their normal home, work, or school life while working on their sobriety. Outpatient programs are a good fit for anyone who has a mild or short term addiction or responsibilities that cannot be neglected.
There may be differences in outpatient programs. A few outpatient programmes include sessions that last throughout the day, whilst other programmes might only treat a patient for a few hours per day. For non-residents, outpatient programmes are usually less expensive than inpatient, and also considering fewer amenities and staff are needed. Patients leave to go home, so they facilities don't need to provide around the clock care. Most insurance plans will pay for some or all of the costs.
Contact us right away at 0800 246 1509 to chat about your options and learn more about what sets these two addiction treatment forms apart. Let our recovery arrangement agent's answer any inquiries you may have with a specific end goal to help you choose what sort of fixation recovery office bodes well for you and your needs.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
Whilst you may feel a bit frightened of being dismissed if you go to a rehabilitation, you may, as a matter of fact, be more inclined to get fired from your job when you fail to seek assistance. It's possible that your boss has already picked up on your substance abuse problems. By limiting your productivity at work, the results of your addiction may reveal your current addiction situation in your office.
While you are covered by many state laws to seek for treatment for addiction, it is also legal for your boss to sack you because of substance abuse. Termination of an employer's contract because they are undergoing addiction treatment is also prohibited by law.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Numerous inpatient programs require taking some time off from work. You can use any of the many available options to help with this. Some of these are
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) The voluntary programme that offers free treatment recommendations, limited counselling, and confidential assessments from your boss is termed An Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Family and Medical Leave Act Most employers will give you up to 12 weeks of time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which grants you unpaid time off with no effects to your health insurance coverage to seek medical treatment that affects your ability to work. Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Paid Time Off Another choice is to use any vacation, sick, or personal time to get the time away from work to go to rehab.
- Executive Rehabilitation Facilities There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Treatment These are programmes especially for those unable to take time off to attend residential rehab or are looking for a cheaper alternative to executive rehab. However, there are lots of 24-hour residential treatment programs that offer concentrated care, and they are more appropriate for those suffering chronic addictions and relapse issues.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury restoration offers much a greater number of civilities and luxurious surroundings than standard rehabilitation centres. They're usually in secluded areas with maximum privacy. Luxury centres commonly offer more holistic treatments, gourmet meals, and innovative therapies.
Luxury rehab is the common choice for high level executives, celebrities, or public figures because of the amenities and privacy and the likelihood that they will be surrounded by the peers, but anyone can go to one if they have the means to afford it.
How Might I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
Figuring out which rehab is best for you can be an overwhelming process but there is help available to get you the answers you need. If you are having a hard time deciding what kind of program is right for you or a loved one, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk to a rehab placement representative to discuss rehab and recovery options further.