Two processes that are essential first steps in determining a person's substance treatment plan are the withdrawal and substance detox processes. Having some time without drug use is significant in bringing addicts to a balanced state of mind because the effects of drugs on the brain usually justify the further use and alter otherwise rational thoughts.
An addict can clear his or her mind during detox and think about future plans for treatment. The idea is to get the individual to start to recognize the addiction and reduce and abolish drug use.
The detox period is termed as the window of opportunity for people in both medical and personal conflict or crisis to seek further help or treatment in accordance to TIP 45 on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, SAMHSA.
SAMHSA defines detoxification as a series of interventions that are structured in order to manage the symptoms that arise from withdrawal of the drug as well as acute or minor intoxication. Detox isn't a component of a drug abuse treatment, instead it is a predecessor; it can go on for several days for some patients and for others, several months. The detoxification specialists at Futures of Palm Beach are skilled in their area of expertise and are able to come up with a plan that effectively treats your withdrawal symptoms in addition to getting you a treatment plan that will work specifically for you as it is designed with you in mind. It is strongly suggested that you opt for a long-term treatment plan because detox can't help with the emotional, mental, cognitive and social problems related to addiction.
Substance Detoxification Steps
Before you can go into an outpatient or inpatient recovery program you should go through three steps of detoxification that, ideally, lead to it.
- It is imperative to accurately diagnose and assess a person's addiction for an appropriate treatment plan to be effective.
- The assessment stage pinpoints the addiction and extent of use and reveals any hidden mental or medical conditions or complications that can occur with the substance abuse.
- Stabilization is a method in which a person starts withdrawal from drugs.
- Achieving sobriety is the main goal for this phase.
- In order to help with the process, especially in cases where the patient is a heavy drug user, a prescription of medication can be provided.
- A true acceptance and identification of addiction starts after patients succeed in having a balanced mind and stabilized thoughts.
- This paves the way towards complete recovery including the patient's role in this endeavour.
- Helping Admission Into Substance Treatment
- Statistics show that a large number of people who go through the detoxification process do not go further in search of treatment for their substance abuse problem.
- While the pattern of thought differs from one patient to another, one things is sure patients who go through drug-free medical care usually have higher probability for successful drug treatment.
- So much weight is placed on addiction awareness and dedication towards sobriety.
- As soon as this stage is completed, the patient can proceed with the centre's drug treatment programme which can be done either via inpatient or outpatient method.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
It is never too late to obtain medical care for your drug dependency. Contact Future's of Palm Beach now if you or someone you care about is suffering from drug addiction.
We have expert personnel committed to your well-being and a specialized dependency rehab centre. You can chat with a trained clinician who can establish the possibilities that are at hand to you and how you can progress with becoming sober.